The Essential Course for Beginners
Learn everything you need to know to advance from Beginner to Intermediate level in 12 weeks.
- You think learning Portuguese is too difficult
- You don’t have much time
- You can’t afford expensive courses
- You find the available books boring and outdated
- You haven’t found the right language learning technique for you
If you’ve been trying to learn Brazilian Portuguese but…
I know exactly how you feel. I faced all these same problems when I was learning English, French and Spanish. I love learning new languages and I know how difficult it can be.
That's what inspired me to create
The Essential Course for Beginners.
You've been relying on apps and online programs but you're tired of...
- Learning random phrases that are not used in real life conversations
- Not having a real teacher to guide you
- Not having the opportunity to practice conversation with a native speaker
- Thinking of giving up on learning because of lack of progress and motivation
NOW, ALL OF THAT IS BEHIND YOU.
I’m here to offer you the opportunity to learn Brazilian Portuguese online, without giving up the personal contact with a real teacher.
The Essential Course for Beginners is the most complete course for beginners you will find online. The course is intensive, and it will give you a solid foundation in the language in only 3 months.
The course offers easy-to-follow lessons and a perfect balance between grammar and conversation lessons that will guide you to actually start speaking Portuguese from the first week!
In addition to that, you'll have a live class once a week to have all your questions answered and review the most important points. In this interactive live class, you’ll have the opportunity to practice conversation with a Brazilian teacher and the other students.
This course is suitable for beginners who are studying Portuguese for the first time, or for those who already have been studying the language for some time and would like to brush up their Portuguese.
If you are not a beginner, take a look at other courses:
Your enrollment includes:
- 12 interactive live classes via Zoom - practice your Portuguese live with a Brazilian teacher and a small group of students once a week for 12 weeks (6-10 students per class)
- Live Review + Q&A session with teacher Virginia once a month
- Downloadable videos, audio files and lesson guides
- Lifetime access to the course
ARE LIVE CLASSES INTERACTIVE? YES!
All students participate in class with video and audio. Classes focus on conversation. You are free to ask questions at any time.
LIVE CLASSES SCHEDULE (February - April 2021)
Q&A sessions: Sunday, 12pm (NY time) - Feb 21, Mar 21, Apr 18.
Weekly live classes for 12 weeks: February 1st – April 25th .
You can choose to join one of the following classes (limited spots per class). If you miss a class, you can watch a replay later.
- Wednesday 7 pm (New York Time)
- Friday 12 pm (New York Time)
- Saturday 11 am (New York Time)
- Sunday 12 pm (New York Time)
Teaching Portuguese as a second language has become my passion since I moved to NYC in 2013. I taught at the best language schools in New York, where I worked with students from all over the world, helping them with their personal and business goals.
I've been always passionate about languages. I speak Portuguese, English, French, and Spanish, and am now learning my first words in German. My knowledge of foreign language learning gives me the best tools to help my students in their learning journey.
I created this online school because I want to provide you with the same kind of material that I find useful for me, when I am studying a foreign language.
Now, I’m happy to introduce you to my team of teachers: Alexandra, Gleice, Mônica and Vênus. In addition to years of experience as Portuguese teachers, they have also been trained by me to be in tune with Speaking Brazilian School style and standards. I'm sure you'll learn a lot from them!
My team and I will be guiding you individually during this course. Don't hesitate in contacting me if you have questions. I'm here to help. :)
See you in class!
Hello! My name is Alexandra Turner, and I am native Brazilian Portuguese speaker. I am thrilled to say that this is my 5th year of teaching Portuguese online.
I have been living in the United States for over 20 years. In addition, I have five years of experience teaching Portuguese online for the US Air Force.
Currently, I live in Connecticut with my husband, Russell and two boys (Daniel and Richard).
I look forward to teaching you Portuguese!
- Alexandra Turner
Olá pessoal, meu nome é Gleice.
I was born in a mountain town in the state of Rio de Janeiro. But I consider myself a "mineira de coração" since I lived in Ouro Preto, MG for about 7 years.
In 2007 and moved to NY in search of an adventure and now this is the place I call home. I live in Westchester with my 7-year-old daughter and my husband. Professionally, I’ve been teaching Portuguese as a second language for about 11 years now. I also have a Master's degree in TESOL and have been teaching English as a second language for about 18 years.
I believe the best part of teaching a language is being able to share our cultures and broaden our views about the world. Espero te conhecer em breve!
Oi! My name is Monica Schmidt. I’m originally from São Paulo, but I’ve lived in New York since 2004.
I earned a degree in language teaching (English and Portuguese) from PUC in São Paulo and later a master’s degree in Science of Education from Bank Street College of Education in New York.
I’ve been teaching Portuguese to children and adults from different nationalities for 18 years. I also prepare students for the Celpe-Bras exam. I’m a committed learner and I hope that my love of learning inspires my students.
I’m delighted to be part of the Speaking Brazilian School Team!
Hello! I'm Venus. Yes, this is my real name. :)
I'm Brazilian, from São Paulo, but I’ve lived for 3 years in Buenos Aires, Argentine, and in 2016, I moved to Lisbon, Portugal.
I've been teaching Portuguese as a second language since 1991. It's a great pleasure for me to help others learn my mother language and culture.
I have a lot of experience teaching Portuguese to Spanish speakers during the time I lived in Argentine, but I’ve also worked with students from many other countries.
I can’t wait to meet you and help you in your exciting journey of learning Portuguese!
Here's everything we're going to cover in the course:
Level 1 (4 modules): Learn the essential vocabulary, grammar and basic conversation skills
- You’ll get familiar with the most basic grammar, vocabulary and useful expressions.
- You’ll learn how to conjugate the most common verbs in Portuguese.
- You’ll learn how to ask and answer basic questions such as “where are you from?”, “where do you live?”, “where are you?”, “what do you do?”, and many others.
- You’ll learn how to talk about your routine and how to ask and answer questions using: why?, how?, where?, when?, and other interrogative words.
Level 2 (4 modules): Learn how to talk about things you like, express your opinion about simple things and much more!
- You’ll learn how to describe things using the most common adjectives.
- You’ll learn the essential vocabulary about food, shopping and transportation.
- You’ll learn how to ask and give directions and how to order food in a restaurant.
- You’ll learn how to talk about things you like and express your opinion about simple things.
Level 3 (4 modules): Improve your conversation skills and review the most important content.
- You’ll learn how to talk about your next trip, how to check in at the airport and book a hotel using the phone.
- You’ll learn how to talk about things you did in the past and the most common expressions to use in the past tense.
- You’ll learn the difference between the past perfect and imperfect and how to use these two tenses in conversation.
- You’ll review all the previous modules to make sure you remember the most important content you’ve learned so far.
It worked for these people,
and it will work for you.
"Its has been a long time I've been looking for such a powerful way of learning Portuguese. Thanks to Virginia and all the teachers who make learning Portuguese such an easy and helpful approach for a quick self-development and self- confidence, now I can speak and write many words in Portuguese just after a few months of attendance in the Essential Course for Beginners. I will definitely continue this journey with Virginia and her courses."
- Inas Al-imari
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
You are 100% safe to try this course. This is my suggestion: just try it for 30 days to see if it works for you. If it does, you'll be delighted, and I think that's exactly what's about to happen.
If for some reason you're not happy with this course, then just let me know, and you'll get all your money back.