Speaking Brazilian Academy
The best place to become fluent and practice Portuguese regularly.
If you’ve been trying to become fluent in Portuguese but…
- You think speaking Portuguese is too difficult
- You don’t have much time to study
- You can’t afford expensive courses
- You can’t find opportunities to practice your Portuguese
- You haven’t found the right language learning technique for you
I know exactly how you feel. I faced all these same problems when I was learning English, French and Spanish. I love learning new languages and I know how difficult it can be.
That's what inspired me to create the
Speaking Brazilian Academy
You've been relying on apps and online programs but you're tired of...
- Learning random phrases that are not used in real life conversations
- Not having a real teacher to guide you
- Not having the opportunity to practice conversation with a native speaker
- Thinking of giving up on learning because of lack of progress and motivation
NOW, ALL OF THAT IS BEHIND YOU.
The only way to become fluent is to learn with authentic materials and use Portuguese often.
That’s exactly what you’ll find at Speaking Brazilian Academy. The Academy is the best place to become fluent and practice Portuguese regularly.
I’m here to offer you the opportunity to improve your Portuguese online, without giving up the personal contact with a real teacher.
Each month, you’ll have access to new and authentic materials. You’ll listen to real conversations that will help you to build up your vocabulary and improve your pronunciation.
In addition to that, you'll have a live conversation practice once a week. The conversation class is entirely interactive, and you’ll have the opportunity to actively practice conversation with a Brazilian teacher and the other students.
The Speaking Brazilian Academy is suitable for intermediate students who have already studied intermediate grammar and vocabulary and wish to get more fluent and practice Portuguese on a regular basis. Classes are 100% in Portuguese.
This class is NOT recommended for beginners. At least 6 months of study are required to join this course.
If you think this course is not a good option for you, take a look at my other courses for beginners and pre-intermediate students:
Your subscription includes:
- Live conversation classes once a week via Zoom - practice your Portuguese with a Brazilian teacher and a small group of students (6-10 students per class)
- Live Q&A session with teacher Virginia once a month
- Access to new material every week
ARE LIVE CLASSES INTERACTIVE? YES!
All students participate in class with video and audio. Classes focus on conversation. You are free to ask questions at any time.
LIVE CONVERSATION CLASSES SCHEDULE
Weekly live classes - You can choose to join one of the following classes (limited spots per class). If you miss a class, you can watch a replay later.
- Wednesday 8 pm (New York Time)
- Wednesday 9 pm (New York Time)
- Thursday 7 pm (New York Time)
- Thursday 8 pm (New York Time)
- Friday 10 am (New York Time)
- Saturday 9 am (New York Time)
- Saturday 11 am (New York Time)
- Saturday 12 pm (New York Time)
- Sunday 10 am (New York Time)
Q&A sessions: Sunday, 2pm (NY time) - Feb 21, Mar 21, Apr 18.
Here's what the monthly modules will cover:
- Listening Lesson - listen to a real conversation in Portuguese and take a quiz to test your listening skills.
- Pronunciation Lesson - learn details about the Brazilian Portuguese pronunciation and practice with imitation exercises.
- Vocabulary Lesson - learn new vocabulary and practice how to use it in conversation.
- Grammar Lesson - learn how grammar is used in real life conversation and take a quiz to test your knowledge.
- Reading and Writing Lesson - optional lesson for those who want to improve their reading and writing skills and receive feedback on their writing.
Teaching Portuguese as a second language has become my passion since I moved to NYC in 2013. I taught at the best language schools in New York, where I worked with students from all over the world, helping them with their personal and business goals.
I've been always passionate about languages. I speak Portuguese, English, French, and Spanish, and am now learning my first words in German. My knowledge of foreign language learning gives me the best tools to help my students in their learning journey.
I created this online school because I want to provide you with the same kind of material that I find useful for me, when I am studying a foreign language.
Now, I’m happy to introduce you to my team of teachers: Alexandra, Gleice, Mônica and Vênus. In addition to years of experience as Portuguese teachers, they have also been trained by me to be in tune with Speaking Brazilian School style and standards. I'm sure you'll learn a lot from them!
My team and I will be guiding you individually during this course. Don't hesitate in contacting me if you have questions. I'm here to help. :)
See you in class!
Hello! My name is Alexandra Turner, and I am native Brazilian Portuguese speaker. I am thrilled to say that this is my 5th year of teaching Portuguese online.
I have been living in the United States for over 20 years. In addition, I have five years of experience teaching Portuguese online for the US Air Force.
Currently, I live in Connecticut with my husband, Russell and two boys (Daniel and Richard).
I look forward to teaching you Portuguese!
- Alexandra Turner
Olá pessoal, meu nome é Gleice.
I was born in a mountain town in the state of Rio de Janeiro. But I consider myself a "mineira de coração" since I lived in Ouro Preto, MG for about 7 years.
In 2007 and moved to NY in search of an adventure and now this is the place I call home. I live in Westchester with my 7-year-old daughter and my husband. Professionally, I’ve been teaching Portuguese as a second language for about 11 years now. I also have a Master's degree in TESOL and have been teaching English as a second language for about 18 years.
I believe the best part of teaching a language is being able to share our cultures and broaden our views about the world. Espero te conhecer em breve!
Oi! My name is Monica Schmidt. I’m originally from São Paulo, but I’ve lived in New York since 2004.
I earned a degree in language teaching (English and Portuguese) from PUC in São Paulo and later a master’s degree in Science of Education from Bank Street College of Education in New York.
I’ve been teaching Portuguese to children and adults from different nationalities for 18 years. I also prepare students for the Celpe-Bras exam. I’m a committed learner and I hope that my love of learning inspires my students.
I’m delighted to be part of the Speaking Brazilian School Team!
Hello! I'm Venus. Yes, this is my real name. :)
I'm Brazilian, from São Paulo, but I’ve lived for 3 years in Buenos Aires, Argentine, and in 2016, I moved to Lisbon, Portugal.
I've been teaching Portuguese as a second language since 1991. It's a great pleasure for me to help others learn my mother language and culture.
I have a lot of experience teaching Portuguese to Spanish speakers during the time I lived in Argentine, but I’ve also worked with students from many other countries.
I can’t wait to meet you and help you in your exciting journey of learning Portuguese!
WHAT MY STUDENTS SAY:
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
You are 100% safe to try this course. This is my suggestion: just try it for 30 days to see if it works for you. If it does, you'll be delighted, and I think that's exactly what's about to happen.
If for some reason you're not happy with this course, then just let me know, and you'll get all your money back.